Wednesday, July 26, 2017
5 Things You Need to Break Out of Your Rut!
It's happening again. Just when you feel like you've hit your stride and slayed the past week, you find yourself standing in the middle of your living room feeling like crap, staring at your mess, realizing you have nothing to eat in your fridge, bills to pay, and absolutely no idea where to begin. How did I get here again?? I ask myself every.single.time. I'm finally realizing that it never gets easier but takes a conscious effort of consistently surrounding myself with the things I know work. The things that get my productivity moving, my body feeling healthier, and my mind clearer. And I think we all can use a little more of these...
1. Movement. Do a workout video. Go for a walk. Break into random jumping jacks in the kitchen. No matter how much I feel like I don't want to, it ALWAYS makes me feel better. Yesterday the girls and I hit up Target successfully followed by epic meltdown, tantrums, and straight up man handling to get them into the car seats. I considered not stopping at the gym as I had intended, knowing I would have to experience this battle again afterward, but I stayed the course. I knew that I was nearing the edge of my patience and that the 20 minutes of cardio would calm me and keep me going strong through the rest of the day. It worked. It always works.
2. People who inspire you and push you! No, I'm not talking about the girlfriend you call when you're upset to sling shots with and make fun of other girls on social media. Yes, that can be fun every once in a while, but it's not getting YOU anywhere. To live a truly fulfilling life, you need to feel like you are making progress. Toward what is up to you, but you need somebody to get you out of your comfort zone and push you to do the things that are in your heart (which I suspect is not sitting on the sidelines watching or judging).
3. Daily personal development! Yes I have said it before and I will continue to preach, preach, preach!! Nobody is beyond the need to feed their soul daily! So get a devotional, watch some You Tube videos, subscribe to a podcast... whatever works best. I'm telling you nobody can possibly remain a "rut" with Tony Robbins' voice in their ear, so make it happen will ya??
4. An awesome supplement! Yes, good nutrition is key and a huge start to feeling good and having energy, but there's something about a good shake that just gives you that extra umph and validation that your body is working at it's peak. There are a lot of good ones out there, just be sure to ask questions to find the one that is right for YOU and will best meet your needs.
5. A little makeup/lip gloss/nail polish... whatever interests you most. I don't know about you but even when I know I'm not going anywhere, I always feel better with a little tinted moisturizer and gloss. It's so that when I walk past the mirror with 2 toddlers in tow, I can be like, hey, I'm not doing so bad! Current favorite: orchid gloss and medium tinted moisturizer from SeneGence. What's your go to products?