Monday, March 13, 2017
Five Fitness Goals for Spring
This month has been weird. It was summer in February and winter in March, my career plans threw me for a loop, we're going through the transition of starting baseball season and I am just simply off my track. I'm coasting and going through the motions, but somethings just off. So I decided I needed some new goals to get things back on the straight and narrow. Things that would have nothing to do with anyone but me and hold no financial obligations. Feel free to jump in with me or set your own list to accomplish!
1. Eat seasonal fruits and veggies. One of my main challenges with having toddlers in the house is trying to cook for both them and me. I say I am going to make exotic salads and somehow I end up with hot dogs and canned peaches. It's not that I even want the hot dogs and peaches, I just don't feel like making two dinners, so I conform to toddler nutrition by default. I'm not saying I'm going to stop cold turkey but I'm definitely going to make more of an effort to incorporate fresh produce into all our diets.
2. Find new walking spots to visit. As soon as the temps get back up, I'm ready to get out there and find new trails and parks to explore. Stroller friendly of course ;) Though walking doesn't seem that rigorous, I always feel so refreshed, relaxed, and just ready to tackle life after I've gone on one. I think it's time I make them more of a priority.
3. Run a 5K. I used to do these all the time, and since having the twins, I'm not sure I've even gone for a jog. I know, shocking right? Since I'm all workout workout workout? But a conditioning style workout in your basement and a run are two totally different things. Anyway, it's a great way to start the day on a positive note and I'd love to do it once again. Even if just to prove to myself I am still capable ;)
4. Find some delicious ways to serve water. I'd say increase my water intake but Lord I knows I've said it and continued to suck at it for years now. I need a different approach. I have a few ideas I'm ready to execute, so stay tuned. I'll let you know my thoughts on each of them!
5. Abs abs abs. Not to toot my own horn but I was the effing queen of abs back in the day. I mean, I was cut, and I was barely trying to be. I guess I better just go ahead and thank my mama or someone in my line of genes because of all things I've never had to fight for, abs was one of them, and I realize that's cray. So thank you ancestors for all you have done. Last year I embraced the new mom bod with pride. It wasn't perfect, nor will it ever be. But this year I'm ready to get my abs back, albeit some slightly droopy skin and a misshapen belly button (no shame, the twins were well worth it). I consider Memorial Day my deadline so here goes nothing... 11 weeks! Ready or not!