I'll surely be working up a birth story soon, but since the whole thing makes me weepy (along with pretty much everything else in the world?), I'm going to just focus on the best parts of the past week. And yes, they are all going to focus around the babes. #sorrynotsorry Their names are Rosie and Reilly and they will be staying in NICU for a while, so we make trips to the hospital every day to visit with them.
1. This week I held my daughters for the first time. Each time I hold them I feel more and more bonded with them. They look up at me and hold my finger and are absolutely perfect. I cannot believe that they are both mine. I am literally overcome with love.
2. Rosie is making constant progress. The other day I walked in to discover she can now wear actual clothes and has already had her picc line removed. What a big girl she is!
3. Reilly surpassed her birth weight yesterday. She is now up to 2 lb. 7 oz. despite still not being able to drink actual milk (she gets her nutrients through her IV). She is our little fighter and has quite a personality too!
4. NICU nurses are the nicest people in the world. Leaving them at the hospital every day is getting rougher every time and I would probably be sobbing each time I walked out of the room if it weren't for knowing that the nurses are so sweet and gentle and attentive. They seem like they genuinely care about each little baby and speak so sweetly to them no matter how many times they pull at their feeding tube or wiggle out of their boundaries. I really think it takes a special kind of person to be a good NICU nurse, and fortunately our hospital is full of them.
5. I've said it before, but it's truly confirmed that my husband is the very best one in the world. The things he has done to help me and the girls this past week is truly unbelievable. How some women do this child birth thing without a baby daddy is beyond me. I have literally needed him for everything and he has been so patient with me since the whole adventure began. He deserves an award for sure!