Writing this week has been a struggle. It’s that time of year when we’re in school a lot just trying to get everything in, and I don’t have a whole lot of time to do much else. How do all the working people do it? Find time for other activities and soul-inspiring stuff? Anyway, I’m doing my best and hoping that warmer weather will fill my life with joyful happenings.
1. Let me also start by saying that the week began with a mild heart attack when a key wedding venue cancelled on us Monday morning. That’s right. Invitations printed. Church booked. Hotel suite booked. Out of town guests’ flights booked. And we might not have anywhere to go. I can’t even begin to explain the heart palpitations I was having at this time. Long story short, everything has been worked out and the wedding is back on, but it certainly was enough to leave me pretty much on edge for the next few days envisioning all of the horrible things that could go wrong. I should have known wedding planning couldn’t have been this easy.
2. Thankfully, I had a happy hour lined up with my MOH on Tuesday which was a much needed distraction to talk about nothing but good. Pizza and beer and a little shower talk and I feel like I’m almost back on track!
3. I’m also on my 3rd week of T25 and I’m still loving it. I love that I’m getting to know the workouts and am no longer staring confused at the screen trying to get the moves right. My form is getting better too. Most of all though, I love how so many of my co-workers have stuck along for the ride and we all in there supporting and encouraging one another. It’s really an awesome thing to be a part of.
4. My fiance ordered gifts for his groomsmen this week, and I have to admit, they’re pretty awesome. I asked him where he thought of it and he said he just Googled “groomsmen gifts”. Why when I do that do things like “foldable star sculpture” and “jar of caramels” come up?? Looks like I’ll be using my own brain for this one. Suggestions are welcome.
5. Oh yea, and it’s Friday. Thank the dear Lord for that!